Sunday, October 08, 2006

Starting back at University

I was not that excited about starting back at University as I had been in the past. I believe this was to do with it being my third and final year and I feel that I am not ready for my whole University experience to be over yet. Also, I had got into a very comfortable routine at home; getting up at 6:30 every morning, walking to work, working in the nursery till 6, walking back home, having tea etc. Although it sounds boring, I had become settled with this routine. I had become very close with particular friends and I just wished that it had been a longer summer. However, as soon as I was back in Manchester and seeing my house and course mates, I instantly felt better.

In relation to the Independent study, the idea of play vs education within nuseries was still floating around my head. At one point, I was going to change my idea all together and look into 'x box' and 'playstation' games and see how they influence children today. Yet, that returned to children being influence, children being educated about what they are doing everyday. Therefore, thinking about nursery provision, preparation for school. This was enforced through a conversation with my aunty, who has a two year old and is wondering whether or not to place her in a nursery. My aunty is concerned with the social factor of nurseries rather than the educational. Many ideas in my mind they are making me feel slightly swamped!!!!!

No comments: