Sunday, October 08, 2006

Reading around the Subject

I have taken books out of the library, yet I need to speak with someone as my ideas are changing and developing every half an hour!! I have a meeting with Clive on Tuesday, hopefully that will give me a bit of clairty about the whole project.

Some of the books I have are extremely irrelevant to what I was on about, yet others have led me onto other authors. Books I found useful:
  • Literacy in Nursery Education - This concentrates on the significance of storytelling, the teacher and the play area relationship
  • Transformations: childrens meaning making in a Nursery - Kate Pahl. This concentrates on Why parents use nurseries? What they do? How they do it? Looks at the preparation for school

Most of the books are about the reasoning for education in nurseries. The internet is becoming a very useful source. Many articles about the debate and the for and against of education within nurseries. Useful websites:

I have come across a Journal, which is concerned with the siginficance of play. This is creating many ideas and also developing my own. I need to choose my supervisior so that I can voice my opinions and ideas. The Journal was found in:

Early Childhood Studies, Early Child Development and Care. Vol.176, No.2 Feb 2006, pages 207-217 The Significance of play and the environment play Vickerius, M & Sandberg, A

No comments: