Monday, October 16, 2006

The next step......

I am now in the stage of writing my proposal; I have created a monthly timetable on Microsoft Word and am in the process of filling in the days to give myself a structure for the Independent Study. Through creating a timetable, I am giving myself a sense of direction, although the deadlines and days may alter and change, it still allows for me to stay focused and not lose my way in a couple of months!

I am slightly apprehensive about writing up my proposal; I think it is because it will be my first assessed piece of work since I have come back to University after the summer. I have many bullet points and drafts on Word as well as in hand-written form; I just need to put it all together. I have had my sister read through some sections of my proposal to gain some advice and to check that the piece reads well. Plus she is very helpful to speak to as she has recently just become a University graduate, so it has not been long since she was in my position writing her Independent Study! By Thursday I am hoping that both Clive, my sister and a house mate will have read through my proposal before I submit the overall piece. My main concern at the moment is the literature review, reviews are not my strongest skill probably because I have not had the chance to write many, I am not sure as to how it is included in the proposal with such a short number of words, I will speak to Clive about this issue!

No comments: